Forget boring salads. Fresh figs, bright mint, spicy watercress, and walnuts come together to form a gorgeous salad that takes under 10 minutes to make.
- 1 bunch watercress, cleaned, fibrous stem-ends discarded, leaves (and any tender stems) rough-chopped
- 7 leaves fresh mint, slivered
- 6 fresh figs, halved or diced
- 1/4 cup diced cheese (such as brie, goat cheese, feta, or blue)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon thick balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons walnut oil (or olive oil)
- Coarse salt
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium salad bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil, and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve immediately.