Homemade vinaigrettes are easy to make and can add amazing flavor to your dishes. Try them for salad dressing, marinades, dips, and sauces!
Makes 6 servings • 1 serving = about 1.5 cups
For the salad
- ½ head Napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 large handful radicchio leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful kale, chopped
- 8 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 4-6 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup toasted, unsalted cashews
- a few mint leaves, chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a small separate bowl or jar, combine all vinaigrette ingredients and whisk or shake well to combine.
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad; toss through with tongs to distribute evenly. Heap the salad onto a large plate and serve.