An innovative use for what is often an overlooked vegetable, this salad is fun and flavorful.
Yields 2 side portions
For the anchovy vinaigrette:
- 4 anchovies
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Brussels Sprouts Caesar
- 6-8 Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon capers
- anchovy vinaigrette (recipe above)
- 1/3 cup croutons
- shaved Parmesan (to taste)
- 3 preserved Meyer lemon slices
- In a blender, combine all ingredients for Anchovy Vinaigrette and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Slice Brussels sprouts thinly with a mandolin or knife. Blanch in salted water for 1 minute and drain.
- Lightly crush the croutons while keeping some pieces whole. Having both whole croutons and smaller crumbs will provide a variety of crunchiness in the salad.
- Combine the Brussels sprouts, capers, and vinaigrette in a bowl and toss.
- Lay out the lemon slices on a plate. Place salad on top of the lemon slices. Garnish with croutons and shaved Parmesan to taste.