A quick, easy-to-assemble meal packed with protein and great flavors.
- 12 oz Cooked Chicken breast or tenders or boneless chicken meat seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 – 6 strips smoked bacon cooked crisp
- 8 oz shredded cheese (such as Monterey Jack)
- 2 avocados, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Hot sauce (your favorite to taste)
- 2 medium tomato, sliced
- Herbs (cilantro or other optional)
- 4 oz lettuce, shredded (iceberg works well)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 350F.
- Place a baking sheet in the preheated oven while you assemble the quesadillas.
- Prepare the cooked chicken and bacon.
- Layout 4 flour tortillas and top with 1/3rd cup of shredded cheese on each.
- Arrange the cooked and chopped chicken on top of the cheese.
- Arrange the bacon, sliced tomato, lettuce and herbs on next.
- Combine the avocado, lime juice and hot sauce to taste. This will be your salsa!
- Drizzle the olive oil on the pre-heated baking pan.
- Place second tortilla on top and slide each quesadilla onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 4 minutes until bottom gets a little brown and cheese is beginning to melt.
- Flip the quesadillas over and continue to cook for another 2 -3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces.
- Arrange on platter with avocado salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!