A rainbow of rhubarb, orange pepper, avocado, and jalapeño makes this báhn mì anything but ordinary. Its delicious combinations of texture, taste, and nutrients are over the top.
- 1 stalk rhubarb, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 fresh jalapeño, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 x 4 inch baguette (or “demi” baguette)
- 1/3 English cucumber, cut into 3 inch long spears
- Marinate rhubarb and bell pepper in seasoned vinegar overnight in the refrigerator.
- Combine tomato and avocado with salt and agave. Set aside.
- Mix jalapeño with cilantro, chives, and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Split baguettes and fill with pickled vegetables, cucumber spears, tomato-avocado relish and jalapeño-herb mayonnaise.